Every small business needs to keep security top of mind to protect your business. A managed document system can not only increase the efficiency of your processes – it can also improve productivity and protect sensitive data. A three-part security process helps to keep your data secure and can maintain the necessary compliance for your industry. Here’s how:
Part 1: Print Output Management
Create protocols to manage output.
- •User Authentication – Use PIN codes, swipe cards or other identifier to set permissions at the printer to limit access to critical data.
- •Encrypt Data – Documents should be encrypted as they travel through your network to your printer and beyond.
- •Auditing and Archiving – Administrative software tracks users and saves a copy of any documents to specified network folders for security and auditing.
Part 2: Digital File Management
Digitized documents are more secure, easily replaced, and restored in the event of a cyberattack, natural disaster or data breach. Digitization can:
- •Allow Automated Workflows – Automatically notify recipients of tasks required to move documents through the workflow.
- •Create Secured Access – Only authorized users can access documents they need to complete a task. This prevents unauthorized access to sensitive data.
- •Audit Tracking – Documents can be tracked from creation through completion including all edits, versions access, and dates and times.
- •Disaster Recovery – Cloud-based systems free you from storing documents onsite and redundancy protects data from cyberattack or natural disaster, making recovery easier and lessening downtime.
Part 3: Scanning Solutions
Scanned documents can replace paper, making security easier and preventing data from falling into the wrong hands.
- •Rules Based Scanning – Scanned documents are routed securely to specific recipients, departments or locations.
- •Protect Data In Transit – Scanned data can be encrypted at the device before being moved through the network.
A document management systems can improve workflows, increase productivity, enhance security and make collaboration easier. A Managed Print Services provider can help you to determine your needs and implement a system to meet them.
Want to learn more? Download our free ebook “Prevent Hardcopy Security Risks” to learn more about hardcopy document security risks and how to protect your business.